The purpose of this Association shall be to promote the general educational welfare of the Mars Area School District, to protect and advance the interests of its members, to foster professional zeal, and to advance educational standards.
The objectives of this Association shall be…
- …to promote the general educational welfare of the Mars Area School District;
- …to work for the welfare of the school children, the advancement of education, and the improvement of instructional opportunities for all;
- …to develop and promote the adoption of ethical practices, personal policies, and standards of preparation and participation as a mark of professionalism;
- …to unify and strengthen the teaching profession and to secure and maintain the salaries, retirement, tenure, professional and sick leave, and other working conditions necessary to support teaching as a profession;
- …to enable members to speak with a common voice on matters pertaining to the teaching profession and to present their individual and common interests before the Board of Education and other legal authorities;
- …to hold property and funds and to employ a staff for the attainment of these purposes; and
- …to promote membership in cooperation with the Pennsylvania State Education Association and the National Education Association in carrying out these avowed objectives.